HISTORY

Recognized as one of the oldest existing law firms in Upper Michigan, the law firm of Barstow, Selsor & Klumb, P.C. dates back to 1925, the year it was founded by George Barstow, who began that practice of law in Stephenson, Michigan. Later, he moved to Menominee and practiced law there until his son, Steven Geo. Barstow, joined him in the practice following his return from service in the United States Army. The Barstows remained in practice together until George Barstow's death in 1960. Steven Geo. Barstow has since retired but remains an active part in the firm that he and his father built.

L. Grant Selsor joined the firm in 1974 as a law clerk and was made partner several years later. He is currently Managing Partner of Barstow, Selsor & Klumb, P.C.

Joseph J. Klumb first joined the firm in August 1991 as an associate, leaving in June 1998. He rejoined the firm as a partner in January 2007.